Sunday, November 18, 2012

Now we are six and a bit


I forgot my own birthday this year – or rather I forgot this blog’s sixth birthday on 27 October.

Which is a pity, since it I know the perfect poem to mark the event:

When I was one I was just begun
When I was two I was nearly new
When I was three I was nearly me
When I was four I was that much more
When I was five I was just alive
Now that I am six I'm as clever as clever
I think I'll stay six for ever and ever.
A.A.Milne

I do remember 6 as a particularly magic age – moved up to the top class at school (we progressed to a separate Big (Junior) School after our two years as Infants) & we were decanted into a Methodist church hall some distance away to make room for all the baby spikers crowding in behind us, which involved us in marching backwards & forwards twice a day in two-by-two crocodile fashion.

As for this blog, I am proud to have added my 0.000………………1% to the eightfold increase in the amount of data being produced by the 9 billion devices connected to the internet over the past 7 years.

Related post