Friday, April 20, 2012

Old habits die hard


It was as if I had walked in to the office one day (in the old days) and found that all the old furniture had gone.

In its place was a load of modern stuff – filing cabinets in avocado, mustard or tomato*, swivel chairs, swanky glass table.

The removal men had, I think, left all my old files, though not in the order I had left them. And where was the file list, without which I am lost?

Worse, the desk drawers were rearranged too, so I can no longer automatically put my hand on pencils, staples, calculator ... without giving any thought to it at all.

Welcome to the newly redesigned Blogger interface.

I expect I shall learn to love it in the end, though I may be bald by then from all the frustration-induced tearing of hair that is going to take place.

*A 1970s innovation, designed by a Frenchman