Monday, April 16, 2012

Blending

Food processors are far too much trouble unless you are regularly cooking the kind of quantities that demand their use – and have command over somebody else who can be dragooned into doing the washing & the wiping of them. But blending can transform a soup or sauce into something quite special.

I have a venerable Moulinex. It has only two pieces, goblet & base – plus a coffee grinder, good for spices. All plastic, so light to lift, straightforward to wash or wipe clean, & only ¾ litre capacity, small enough to store easily in the cupboard.

But which now tends to dance across the kitchen work top if I don’t hold on to it while it is working.

I haven’t seen anything that small in the shops for several years now, but then I haven’t looked all that hard.

I may have to, soon.