Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Yes - again

I forgot to note that we had another power cut last Tuesday – this one during the afternoon or early evening while I was out of the house.

In fact it took me a few moments to realise that the radio was making a funny noise, not because I had pressed the wrong button but because the whole thing needed to be reset.

The winds were high & blustery again all day, just like they were when we had the previous cut.

A trying day all round really. A group of three teenage girls arrived at the bus stop, very overexcited, very noisy, talking at the tops of their voices, screaming with laughter. They broke into a dance routine to You’re The One That I Want, threatening once or twice to knock me over (not meaning to).

The f-word was used more than once. I fell to pondering what might be the reaction if I rang the police to complain that I was thereby feeling harassed & distressed though not, in truth, really alarmed.

Precisely.