Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The nature of love

According to a French man interviewed on The World Tonight, friends & colleagues of a French politician recently spoke to him about his amorous adventures – perhaps he should be more cautious while going for the presidency.

I love women – what’s the problem ? was his alleged reply.

He loves women in the same way that I love vanilla ice cream. I cant get enough, or resist any opportunity to consume yet more. Doesn’t matter whether it is cheap air-filled fat or expensive organic (if someone else is paying), or best of all, home-churned.

I also love vanilla custard.

And vanilla slices.

And vanilla smoothies.

But never for one moment do I stop to consider if they love me

As to whether they want to be eaten – what sort of question is that? That is just what they are there for, their sole reason for existence.