Monday, March 07, 2011

A new computer

The weather is rather nice today – sunny & almost warm – I can leave my jacket open & am wearing only one sweater. Only the second such day so far this year – for us at least.

It won’t last.

I really needed a day to put a bit of a spring in my step, get outside after being cooped up inside for so long. Especially as I am in the throes of trying to get my new notebook computer going.

There’s no point going over all the gory details, but it came as a real shock to find there was a whole set-up procedure to go through. This is my fourth since my first Amstrad Notebook (nearly twenty years ago!) & all the others were just plug in & play. It’s not even as if I want to get it online. But in the end acting like a four year-old, just pressing different buttons until something happened, did the job.

It's the littel details which matter - do you have to press ENTER, when do you have to POINt & CLICK, or something altogether different. And heaven knows what it is like if it's only your first time.