Saturday, December 25, 2010

Autobiometry

For some reason I never learned to remember the precise day of the month of my parents wedding anniversary – it was never any occasion or reason for family celebration or party.

Until, that is, their silver wedding was approaching. Since I was living abroad, I felt it especially important to make sure our gifts arrived in time as close as possible, & preferably before rather than after the day.

Suddenly a way to make sure that it was firmly fixed in the accessible bit of my memory popped into my head.

The 9 months + 1 week formula for calculating the expected date of delivery of a baby worked perfectly, in reverse, for getting to the date of my parents wedding from my own date of birth.

So those are my two claims to special biostatical status – the perfect honeymoon baby & the perfect regression.