Sunday, November 07, 2010

Back to short trousers

I have this week bought a pair of trousers from Primark – basic black for wearing in dusty libraries & archives.

Nothing surprising about that.

Forty years ago however I would have been astonished, disbelieving & delighted to be able to buy, in any high street store, a pair of ladies trousers that fit. Then Marks & Spencer came to the rescue with Extra Long.

But these new ones are short, as in not even regular, never mind long in the leg.

Short used to mean the same as petite - for those less than 5 feet 4 inches tall

They are a little bit short, ending somewhere round about my ankle bones, but that is precisely what I need right now. All this rain means puddles everywhere, & streams running down the pavements on the hills. Trousers had to be hung up when I got home until the bottoms dried out just about every single day. So I am prepared to put up with trouser bottoms that flap instead.


Related post
Healthy legs