Friday, July 23, 2010

Met Office Matildas

The Met Office put out another severe weather warning for our area yesterday – heavy rain again. I only heard it once, the presenter included it with the rest of the weather forecast just after the 10am news, but in very ‘make of that what you will’ tones. I expect they had complaints about the last one.

But I went out prepared, like last time, just in case, & even decided to go by train rather than bus because heavy rain can really snarl up the traffic & I had to be somewhere at a specific time.

Just before leaving home I heard a national forecast on one of the BBC channels, severe warnings in force in many areas.

Well, if even one of the downpours materialised it did not cause problems severe enough to attract any attention from BBC news as far as I am aware.



Related post