Thursday, June 24, 2010

Angry man

Obama has certainly learned to do anger now. I nearly said 'in spades' but I'd better avoid more Anglo-US misunderstanding & settle for And How! First Tony Hayward & now General McChrystal.

It is unworthy of me but I cannot help that my reaction to the oil leak, even after the seriousness was clear, was ‘Serves them right.’ Serves them right for driving those ridiculously clunky gas hungry monsters & for all the damage they have wreaked on other oil producing countries.

For too long Americans had been benefiting from some of the cheapest pump prices on the planet, letting others bear all the externalities.

So far BP – understandably perhaps – has been taking all the flak, but the contemplation of what will happen to us all if the other oil companies take fright is not comfortable.

Related post
Voting for what