Monday, July 13, 2009

Bite your nails

So Englands last pair hung on for 40 minutes to force a draw in the first Test against Australia at Cardiff

It doesn’t match the last wicket stand for the West Indies at Edgbaston against Pakistan in the 1975 World Cup

I was there, but I missed it

When West Indies, needing 267 to win, lost their 9th wicket on 203, with only ANDY ROBERTS!!!! & Deryck Murray left, I decided it would be best to leave – I had to get back to London for work in the morning, it was my first trip to Edgbaston & I needed to make sure I got to New Street with plenty of time to spare

I thought I must have misheard something when I finally got home & switched the radio on

West Indies had won with 2 balls remaining

As far as was humanly possible, I never again left a cricket match before that was definitely that