Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tall for her age

I only discovered last week, when we had the snow, that I have lost my walking stick. Turned the house upside down at the weekend, it is definitely not there

That’s the trouble with a stick. You have to put it down if you need to use your hand for something else & it’s easy to forget to pick it up again if you don’t need it to walk with every single step. So I tend not to carry it unless I absolutely might need it, could have lost it as long ago as September

Should be simple enough to buy a new one, till I discovered that the local Boots stock the one I had in mind in only one length, 31” – for midgets! Or petite, as the nice lady in the bigger branch in Manchester put it yesterday when I tried there. It is only the little old ladies who need such a thing yet, not all those tall young things

Still, she gave me a catalogue so I can order a longer one by post

I shall still have to find one somewhere else to get one to keep me going however. They only ‘aim to despatch within 14 days’ & ask you only to contact them if you have not heard from them within 28 days

Now that I know I no longer have a stick Sod’s Law dictates that we shall have snow & ice, & I shall put my foot down wrong at the bottom of the stairs again before Christmas arrives


Related post