Friday, August 15, 2008

Off the wagon

I have really fallen off the book-buying wagon this week: another 4 ex-library books for a total outlay of £1. I may have to forego my lottery ticket this week.

One is the autobiography of RF Delderfield. I used really to enjoy his books.

In fact I am a sucker for family sagas, especially if they come in multiple instalments.

Forsytes (When I looked for a link to the Forsyte Saga I clicked on a Google Books result: it said Forsyte Saga at the top of the page but it was actually Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park. How very odd).

Crowthers of Bankdam.

Cazelets.

Just right for reading on holiday, or at home on a wet Sunday afternoon, or just for relaxing into sleep at night.

The friend who (thank you, thank you) gave me his copy of 100 years of Solitude said it would be just my cup of tea – because it was a family saga.

Related post