Wednesday, June 04, 2008

White spirit



The other day I found out that there are restrictions on buying yet another everyday product

This time its white spirit. Or what I should call, when in England, surgical spirit. One of those things I can never remember which is which

Boots & Superdrug keep it on open shelves but in Asda you have to ask at the pharmacy counter. I had always assumed this was just a question of space. But this time the woman serving there asked, apologetically, if I could come back, maybe I had some other shopping to do? Well. No, actually, its not very convenient, I started to say

Then it was suddenly OK – the pharmacist had returned

It cant be just an age thing – any assistant can check that. So it must be Pharmacist must be present – presumably to check that I do not look as if I might be going to drink it

Perhaps they can extend this restriction to all sales of alcohol as a means of making us stick to the Governments approved limits


Related post: RU 18?