Monday, June 23, 2008

Let there be light

So the days are getting shorter already. We have had so little light this year that we have barely noticed the long evenings

And to make it worse, the longest day was also cold. I should have worn two sweaters under my jacket. As it was the Raynauds came on when I went outside & I ended up having to hand over my purse in M&S so they could take the money out

But further confirmation, if needed, that Raynauds is a response to relative, not absolute, temperature came when I finally got warmed up & hands stayed normal for the rest of the day

I am sure that it was not the coldest June day I remember. In 1975 I wore my (fake) fur coat for the Aussie Test at Lords. In Buxton a match was even abandoned because of snow

Perhaps 1976 offers a more hopeful example. That Saturday of the Lords test (W Indies) was the last grey, miserable, rainy day of that long hot summer