Monday, November 19, 2007

Litter

Is it my imagination or is there much less litter around since the smoking ban was introduced?

The prediction was for us all to be wading knee deep through discarded fag ends. But then there are a lot more street ash trays around which encourage people to dispose of them properly now

That doesnt really explain why people should have stopped dropping food wrappers, till receipts, drink cans & cartons though

Could it be that discarded cigarette ends used to encourage people to think that their own bit of litter wouldnt matter, wouldnt make any difference?

Although I am a smoker I have always been careful not to drop my butts on the ground. Or at least since a visit to West Berlin in 1979. There the streets were so pristine that I would not have dared

Is it too much to hope that gum chewers will now get the message?